SCCP Group recognises that environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors can be material to the performance of our investments and business and consequential to our stakeholders. Responsible investment through active management of ESG factors can both reduce risk and enhance asset values, and has become common practice in real estate investment globally. As a high-quality investment manager, we believe that profits must come with a purpose to create long-term success and sustainability for our clients and the society.
We are committed to upholding the principles of ESG to invest responsibility and creating long-term value for our stakeholders and investors. By making ESG our core capability, we are familiar with techniques for sustainable investment, and we keep abreast of the various green incentives and credit programmes that are available in our target regions. Prior to executing any transaction, we perform extensive physical due diligence that complies with the highest local legal requirements for environmental issues.
To realise our commitment to responsible investing, we work on three key strategies:
Project Name: Dolphin; Asset Class: Hospitality; Location: Maldives
- Integrate ESG considerations into our investment lifecycle
- Identify and appropriately manage ESG risks associated with our investments, business or key stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Engage our investors, tenants and key stakeholders on the ESG issues relevant to them
- Educate our staff and other key stakeholders as required
Monitor and Advance
- Set and report against performance targets
- Continuously improve
Project Name: Royal; Asset Class: Office; Location: Sydney, Australia
ESG Across Our Assets
Driving greater ESG performance is crucial to our success and that of the assets we invest in. We recognise the importance of ESG to our business and stakeholders, and we will continue to improve our sustainability performance. The following are some examples of green buildings in our portfolio:
- Project Name: Republic (Australia) – NABERS 4* Energy, NABERS 4* Water
- Project Name: Royal (Australia) – NABERS 5* Energy, NABERS 4* Water
- Project Name: Dolphin (Maldives) – Green Globe
- Project Name: Bollywood (Maldives) – Green Globe
- Project Name: Conservation (New Zealand) – NABERS 4* Energy
- Project Name: Sparkle (New Zealand) – Green Star Design and As Built NZ 5*
- Project Name: Rivervale (Singapore) – Green Mark GoldPlus
Aligned with Global Standards / Benchmarks
Proactive industry participation and collaboration is key to addressing global sustainability challenges. That is why we are committed to be engaged in industry efforts to drive responsible investing by aligning ourselves with best global practices.
Social and Environmental Responsibility
We are committed to conducting all our Group’s affairs and activities with the highest standards of ethical conduct and social and environmental responsibility. Beyond corporate volunteerism, we also look at ways to build resilience in the food supply chain. Together, these efforts would help make a positive change in the communities in which we operate.
Volunteering at The Food Bank Singapore in 2021 with safe management measures in place.
To support innovative agricultural innovations in building food supply resilience, our Singapore head office hosts a unique container that is equipped with patented agricultural technology. Click here for more information.